Wednesday, January 26, 2005

2004 booklist

Several people have asked me to list the books the book club has read. Here ya go:
The Secret History- strange college students gone bad
I Wish I had a Red Dress- woman mad at men teaches girls to stick up for themselves, falls in love
Remains of the Day- starchy butler

In the Castle of the Flynns- cute Irish boy grows up with family members since his mother and father die in car accident
Harris and Me- middle school book, but funny!!!
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn- poor girl grows up in Brooklyn with big dreams

Alias Grace- based on true story- murder
Running with Scissors- soon to be movie- NASTY- true story- I was ashamed that I checked it out at the library

Crescent- Iraqi American loves to cook loves Iraqi man

Ahab's Wife- I did not read this one, I was too busy birthing a baby
Back When we Were Grown Ups- adult woman looks back on her life and wonders if she has lived the right life

The Awakening- college requirement, woman has affair even though she has a perfect husband

No comments: